Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> Nahh, there must be some slick way of doing this :)

  Sorry, I didn't realize you were probably not handling a huge amount
of data... in which case, it doesn't really matter if the file is a fifo
or not.

  You still can do the same trick with sockets, though, but it won't
come much easier... The main problem is you need a server somewhere.
Named pipes are an option for this, as well as tcp networking (though
the latter is admittedly way more heavy). Apart from that, I don't see
other techniques, unless you want to dwell into semaphores (but I'm not
an expert in IPC).

  Cheers,

	Vince

--
Vincent Fourmond, PhD student (not for long anymore)
http://vincent.fourmond.neuf.fr/