On Mar 5, 1:19 pm, dbl... / wobblini.net wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Trans wrote:
> > I think Richard Feynman said it best, "never underestimate the power
> > of notation", or something like that.
>
> I don't underestimate it -- I just don't like the idea of decisions
> being made about naming on the basis of membership in a category like
> "metaprogramming".

I think you are though, becuase beloging to this category isn't the
basis. That just happens to be the case. The basis is the beneficial
effect that the naming would have on coding, in particular the effect
on method_missing and privatizing or removing all methods that don't
start with instance_ and object_, as well as the effect it would have
on one's ability to more easily learn and use Ruby.

T.