On 3/5/07, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 05:32:02PM +0900, Giles Bowkett wrote:
> > Yeah, Perl 5 and Perl 6 are definitely different, and Perl 6 is
> > definitely breaking backwards compatibility. If that thing about Perl
> > 5 development continuing even after Perl 6's release is true, I don't
> > think that sounds very promising. Some of the ideas in Perl 6 are
> > pretty fascinating and weird, but that doesn't necessarily make it
> > useful.
>
> Um, yes.  Thank you for that thoughtful analysis.
>
> I'm looking forward to Perl 6.  You don't have to.

Of course that is somehow normal between civilized people :)
But I am afraid that the Perl community just loses too much momentum
to remain a mainstream language as it was.
That might not bother A. B might think that it will not happen, and I
am just C, having stopped putting effort into understanding Perl6
because of that risk.

I kind of feel sad about that.
Your optimism is a good thing to share, and I thank you for it,
nonetheless I remain skeptical.
But I am wrong quite often ;)

Robert

> --
> CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.apotheon.org ]
> Brian K. Reid: "In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."

-Anonymous