On 2007-03-02 21:48:39 -0600, Raj Sahae <rajsahae / gmail.com> said:

> I want a DialogBox where I can click a button, perform some operation,
> possibly returning a value, and then the DialogBox should close (not
> hide, close).  The methods I have tried for this have failed.  My
> current setup, which gives me a seg fault, is:
>
> button = FXButton.new(parent, text, icon, nil, nil, 0, . . .)
> button.connect(SEL_COMMAND) do |sender, sel, data|
>      self.download(card)
>      self.handle(sender, ID_ACCEPT, data)
> end

I don't know what "self" refers to in this context, but for the moment
I'll assume that it is the dialog box itself. In that case, you were
close; the call to FXDialogBox#handle should have looked like this:

	dialog_box.handle(button, FXSEL(SEL_COMMAND, FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT), nil)

Hope this helps,

Lyle

P.S. Please post these questions to the fxruby-users mailing list for a
quicker response. I'm not able to check ruby-talk nearly as frequently
(or as thoroughly) as I used to.