On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> I'll admit to why I did this. It's probably the reason you would guess. I
> was perhaps being a little lazy. It's cumbersome to have to sign up for the
> mailing list of every Ruby library if you don't anticipate needing to use
> them very much. I just wanted to try out RubyInline. I was hoping that I
> could get a quick answer without having to signup for another mailing list,
> post there, wait for an answer, and unsubscribe. I thought I could sneak
> that through since there was an announcement about RubyInline on this list.
> I understand your concern though, so I'll sign up and ask my question on
> that list.

for rubyforge projects you can post bugs anywhere if you have a login.  no
mailing lists required.  imho this is the only reasonable method if posting
bugs for not oft used libs like you're suggesing.

i personally don't mind the cross posting either, nevetheless i can understand
it bothering some and not helping the developers specifically.

cheers.

-a
- the dalai lama