On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Mark Volkmann wrote:
>
>> I'm using RubyInline-3.6.2 and am having trouble getting this
>> simple example to work.
>>
>> require 'rubygems'
>> require 'inline'
>>
>> class Example
>>   inline do |builder|
>>     builder.c "
>>       int simple() {
>>         int x = 10;
>>         return x;
>>       }"
>>   end
>> end
>>
>> p Example.new.simple
>>
>> When I run this I get
>>
>> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/RubyInline-3.6.2/./inline.rb:
>> 378:in `build': undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
>>         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/RubyInline-3.6.2/./
>> inline.rb:628:in `inline'
>>         from demo.rb:5
>>
>> I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug in
>> that version of RubyInline.
>
> First off, this isn't the right forum for reporting something like
> this. Filing a bug on the rubyinline project on rubyforge is the
> correct forum.

I'll admit to why I did this. It's probably the reason you would
guess. I was perhaps being a little lazy. It's cumbersome to have to
sign up for the mailing list of every Ruby library if you don't
anticipate needing to use them very much. I just wanted to try out
RubyInline. I was hoping that I could get a quick answer without
having to signup for another mailing list, post there, wait for an
answer, and unsubscribe. I thought I could sneak that through since
there was an announcement about RubyInline on this list. I understand
your concern though, so I'll sign up and ask my question on that list.