On 3/2/07, Joel VanderWerf <vjoel / path.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> > I'm mostly looking for ideas, but how do you guys think we can best
> > direct traffic?  Maybe hacking a "where to go for help" link into
> > RubyForge?
>
> Is this really a problem?
>
> If it's not a bug, asking on ruby-talk may be the best way to get help.

I just feel like the best help you can hope to get on projects is from
the authors of those projects or the users who've managed to find the
communication channels closer to the project.

RubyTalk is no longer at a traffic level in which it can comfortably
support discussions about specific projects, unless they're somewhat
general, I feel.

Even if that's not an issue, I guess I just favour archive
preservation somewhere closer to the actual project.

Just an opinion of course, and RubyTalk is a great place to go when
you can't find the right place, if nothing else, to be pointed in the
right direction.