On 3/2/07, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> First off, this isn't the right forum for reporting something like
> this. Filing a bug on the rubyinline project on rubyforge is the
> correct forum.

This is starting to be a real problem, in the sense that bug reports
or problems end up in RubyTalk or some other forum / mailing list
rather than in the hands of the developers who can address the
problems in the format they expect.

With no offense intended to the OP, how can we get people to go to the
right place?
For example, Ruport we want you to use our Trac and/or Mailing List
for contact, but putting these links in our README doesn't seem to do
the trick.

I'm mostly looking for ideas, but how do you guys think we can best
direct traffic?  Maybe hacking a "where to go for help" link into
RubyForge?