On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:40:22PM +0900, Pit Capitain wrote:

> More than ten years ago, when we wanted to programmatically create
> something like Word documents, we used the Rich Text Format (RTF). Word
> has no problems opening those documents. Maybe this is an option for the OP.

It's generally a better option, too -- no possibility of Word macro
viruses, smaller file sizes, et cetera.  I've discovered, however, that
many versions of MS Word will keep DOC format data in the file when
translating to RTF, even though it's unusable by the format, so that
file size actually inflates and macros don't go away.  As such,
translating to RTF isn't as effective when using MS Word to do it as
simply creating an RTF in the first place.

I wonder why nobody uses plain text any longer.