------art_75478_19157362.1172852657942

On 3/2/07, Mat Schaffer <schapht / gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a thought today about trying to create a ruby DSL for
> generating S5 presentations.  Granted, S5 is fairly simple.  But I
> think we could do better and have more functionality by using a
> combination of Rake and Erb to generate the slides from templates.  I
> already got code highlighting in slides that looks like this:
>
> <% highlight :ruby do %>
> Locale.set 'en-US'
> "Welcome".t # "Welcome"
> <% end %>
>
> Which I think is pretty cool.
>
> Anyone know of a project like this or should I strike off and start
> something?
> -Mat

S5 is compatible with XOXO a microformat for doing presentations. (I think
XOXO is basically a subset of S5).

There is a Ruby XOXO parser and generator which was a port of the Python
implementation.
You might be able to get some ideas or functionality from it.

The email discussing it is here

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/177355

PS. Keep me posted of your progress or if you create a mailing list, I like
to use S5 myself for presentations.

Blessings,

Jeff

--
Jeff Barczewski, MasterView core team
Inspired Horizons Ruby on Rails Training and Consultancy

------art_75478_19157362.1172852657942--