Farrel Lifson wrote:
> On 02/03/07, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 08:58:24AM +0900, Samantha wrote:
>> > I emailed with him a few times offlist... He's in Gentoo in the GNOME
>> > Environment.  I thought of permission issues, so suggested that he run
>> > firefox as root, but looks like he tried it and it didn't work.
>> >
>> > It definitely sounds like a system or network issue, though.
>> >
>> > Maybe something funky in the .mozilla folder underneath the
>> > /home/username directory.
>>
>> He reported trying to connect via the links browser, which also did not
>> work.  As such, it seems unlikely that it has anything to do with the
>> operation of any of his browser applications.
>>

>> > I'm not sure if all the Mozilla browsers like Seamonkey, Epiphany, and
>> > Firefox use that directory or not.
>>
>> --
>> CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.apotheon.org ]
>> "A script is what you give the actors.  A program
>> is what you give the audience." - Larry Wall

> the way) asking if anyone is having the same issues and I got a reply
> from a person having the same issue. I'm not sure if our beloved
> Telkom (worst telco in the world) is doing something wonky with SSL
> packets (they have a penchant for traffic shaping) but that doesn't
> explain why other sites usin SSL works fine or why I am able to log in
> at work (which is a large SA corporation).
>
> Farrel

I'm in South Africa too (Stellenbosch) and have the same issue. I've
tested it in Firefox 2.0 in both Windows XP and openSuSE 10.2 and both
show this behaviour. I have found that after several attempts I usually
get a page or so further (and the cookie gets set properly), but the
problem resurfaces a click or two later (and the cookie is suddenly
vanished).

Cheers,
Gustav Paul