So I came across this lib for gui testing using ruby.
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=win32-guitest

Considering that I'm using vb script in Automated QA's TestComplete
right now, this looked like heaven on earth.

Sadly this doesn't seem to work out of the box.
The installer doesn't quite run, and manually putting the libraries
into place didn't work...and worst of all, it appears to have been
compiled with cygwin :P
Does anyone out there know of a way to cleanly install this... without
cygwin?  Heck if it's absolutely deal-breakingly necessary, I'll even
suck it up and install cygwin, I'm just hoping not to.

Thanks
--Kyle