On Mar 1, 9:37 am, "Rick DeNatale" <rick.denat... / gmail.com> wrote:
> While there might be some uses of class variables, I tend to see a
> little red light go off every time I see @@ in ruby code.  It's not
> likely that a class  variable will do what the programmer thinks it
> does, since class variables are shared between classes and subclasses.

This is one thing that really bothers me about Ruby.  Does anyone know
if this will be addressed in further Ruby versions?  The class
instance variable to me is a bit of a "work around" and I'd like to
see a more elegant way to have class variables that are inherited into
sub-classes, yet the sub-class version does not point directly to the
exact same object (i.e. same memory space) as parent class.

I can see the use for "@@" as it works now; however, the usage would
be far less than a class instance variable (at least for me).