Jeff Pritchard wrote:
> I must say I'm surprised that my tired old thread is still kicking
> around.
>
> If I may summarize, the reason I was confused by Inject is that it is
> useful but poorly named.
>
> many thanks for all the replies,
> jp

The thread is still kicking exactly because names are important. And
when it comes to inventing stupid names Ruby is a professional. inject?
yieiayeld? How the heck is the meaningless nonsense spellllled? Not
speaking about the fact that restiricting (well, almost) the methods to
a single block/closure/function passed is silly, though not as silly as
doing so behind the scenes (not included in the argument list) and
calling it using a silly keyword.