dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
> Why object_method?

1. consistence: it's a meta-programming method
2. avoid collisions: e.g. ActionController::CgiRequest#method

You could even restrict object_method to public methods and use
instance_method to bypass access restrictions. It sounds like a
proliferation of methods but if they are properly isolated under
a namespace, does it really matter how many methods there are?

> I wish there were a way to name these without components to the name
> that you have to "just know".  I actually don't know the difference
> between instance_eval and instance_exec, and I suspect I will be
> looking it up frequently in the future :-)

Hey! Same for me! :-D

Daniel