On Feb 28, 6:58 am, Dave Rose <bitdog... / yahoo.com> wrote:
> i tried ptools gem and after install win-file-stat and win-pr i get this
> error in irb...> require 'ptools'
>
> untimeError: GetProcAddress: GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeName or
> GetVolumePathNa
> esForVolumeNameA
>
>        from
> c:/ruby182/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/windows-pr-0.6.3/lib/windows/volu
> e.rb:26:in `initialize'

<snip>

Oh, drat, it seems that method is for Windows XP or later only. I'll
need to fix volume.rb (and check the other methods as well). I've got
some other stuff in the pipe for windows-pr 0.6.4, so now is as good a
time as any to do another release. I'll try to get it out tonight.

If you can't wait then I recommend installing windows-pr manually, and
commenting out the offending lines in volume.rb directly (you won't
need them for ptools).

Thanks for the report.

Dan