# I found no clean sollution, but maybe this can help ya:
#
begin
   define   =  'def format_message severity, timestamp, program_name,
message'
   default  =  '( @formatter || @default_formatter ).call ' +
               'severity, timestamp, program_name, message'

   format ||= default

   Logger.class_eval [ define, format, 'end' ].join('; ')
end
#
# You can define format beforehand to something like '"#
{ timestamp }: message"'
# Per default it's overwritten with Logger.format_message method
#
# Cheers
# Flo