Hi,

/*
However, I think, you should rather change the logic.

First, I'd start with using http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-cvs/
to make CVS accesses more efficient (you do not start a process for each

CVS command).
*/

I already thought of that too, need to have a detailled look,
whether this library works also with cvsnt, which we use here
as cvs server for windows.

i.e. cvsnt stores it's passwords in the registry, not in
user.home/.cvspass
etc.

/*
Then, if you do the recursive traversal through the file tree (probably
using Find.find)
I'd add a non existing directory immediately whenever I
see it.  That way you can be sure that all directories on the path are
present in the repository before you add individual files.
*/

i thought of something similar and tried with :

newfiles=Dir["Y:/test_deploy/**/*.*"] - Dir["Y:/cvsworkspace/**/*.*"]

but that gives me the whole path, i.e.
Y:/test_deploy/subfolder7/subsub7/bla.txt, whereas i need it as space
separated list for :
cvs add ./subfolder7 ./subfolder7/subsub7 ./subfolder7/subsub7/bla.txt

Any idea how this could get a working solution ?!

Regards, Gilbert