On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:16:51AM +0900, Jakub Travnik wrote:
> I would like to recieve some feedback. I didn't get any yet.

This is just to let you know that someone (me) is getting acquainted
with it and likes it A LOT.  But I am a console junkie and I love
whatever can be done on a tty far more than what can be done on X, so
I might be biased. ;-)

I have tried to define a button's block separately from the button
itself, as stated in the starting-guide.txt, this way:

  btnTest=JTTWButton.new(main, 'Test Button', 3, 2, 11, 1, '_Test')
  btnTest.block = Proc { JTTui.beep }

[this is in def createRoot(root)]

I get this:

my.rb:15:in `createRoot': undefined method `Proc' for #<Object:0x4026bc90> (NameError)
	from my.rb:21
	from my.rb:21:in `run'
	from my.rb:21

All goes well when I define it inline:

  btnTest=JTTWButton.new(main, 'Test Button', 3, 2, 11, 1, '_Test') #{ JTTui.beep }

I'd like to keep the tasks separated of defining the UI layout,
binding actions to its elements, and starting it (that's why I wanted
to define a block with the Proc way).  The ``JTTui.run |root| do''
way, where all is done at once, looks too thick to me, not because
it's bad itself, just because of my Delphi Object Pascal past.  Can
you suggest a skeleton to accomplish that separation?

Thank you for JTTui, I've been waiting for something like that since I
put my hands on Ruby. :-)

Massimiliano