Ana Lopez wrote:
> Sam Smoot wrote:
>> On Feb 21, 5:05 pm, Ana Lopez <ana_gissell_... / yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> is residing on a server not on my local machine?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ana
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> So this "server" is a SQLExpress database file? You probably need an
>> ODBC style connection string. This is my favest site in the world for
>> connection strings: http://connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver I
>> don't even bother to remember 'em anymore. :)

As an added note, an ODBC connection needs to be created in Windows,
seperate from your Ruby script. You can create an ODBC connection by
going to the Control Panel->Administrative Tools->ODBC Data Source->User
DSN->Add

This is what I really needed to figure out. Now I just use the name that
I gave to my newly created datasource into my code and it works. Here is
an example:

Data source was created with the name "fooDB"

require 'DBI'

  conn =
DBI.connect('DBI:ODBC:fooDB',username,password)