Gregory Seidman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:54:01PM +0900, Alex Young wrote:
>> Gregory Seidman wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> You're cut off there for some reason, but you should make sure you have
>>> libopenssl-ruby1.8 installed, not just libopenssl-ruby.
>>>
>> Ah.  Thanks.  Any idea what the difference between the two is, and when
>> you'd want one rather than the other?
>
> Compare:
>
> apt-cache policy libopenssl-ruby
> apt-cache policy libopenssl-ruby1.8
>
> It looks like libopenssl-ruby is targeted at ruby 1.8.2.

  Just for information, debian packages work this way: for each ruby
thing packaged for debian, there are (at least) two packages a
lib...-ruby and a lib...ruby1.8. The former is empty and depends on the
latter and is there to make the transition to newer versions of ruby
more easy (for the maintainers). packagers can also choose to provide a
-ruby1.9 version. (this is not true for all packages, but for the
greatest majority).

	Vince, waiting to get upload rights to the debian archive...

--
Vincent Fourmond, PhD student (not for long anymore)
http://vincent.fourmond.neuf.fr/