On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:15:08 +0100, jazzy <jazzy1One / gmail.com> wrote:
> So I need to choose and get one of these GUI toolkits? Which would be
> best for this sort of windows type prgrams? Are they free downloads as
> well? thanks a lot! I'll do a search on those.

If you're used to VB6,
http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/~nyasu/vruby/vrproject-e.html should have a
similar -ish API. I admit to never having extensively used it, and it's a
little on the unmaintained side, but it's mostly a wrapper around

GTK, Qt, and FOX aren't nearly as easy to use for the sort of dirty hacks
(or dirty hacky coding) as VB6. (Whether this is a Good Thing is left as a
flamewar^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hexercise to the readers.) Though Qt, at least in the
PyQt incarnation comes pretty close in certain aspects by having strong
integration with a standard GUI editor, and some superficial cognates
(like naming conventions for event handlers. (I might or might not be
biased about my pet toolkit. Now if only the file opener dialog buttons
Looked Right on XP.)

David Vallner