On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:49:51 +0100, Xavier Noria <fxn / hashref.com> wrote:
> I'd recommend Watir, forget it can be _applied_ to testing, it is the
> easy and more robust way to do screen-scrapping, because it delegates
> all the parsing, JavaScript, etc. to a real browser. The drawback is
> that you use an actual instance of IE/Firefox/Safari, but for some
> applications like this one that is not an issue, the easy of use weights
> more. The code will be easy, and it will work with your lovely Project
> Central-kind of enterprisey thing.

Right, so Watir -can- be applied to more gory screenscraping too. The fact
that it requires IE is more of a benefit now that I think about it (I
forgot about the WATIR architecture since I first read about it in the
author's first "I might or might not release this" announcement), I'm
fairly sure at least one of those apps won't work in Opera at all.

Thanks!

David Vallner