The number of monthly instances where I have to announce to various people
that yes, I'm going to work 40 hours a week as I always do, and lo and
behold, even on the project I'm assigned to, just like all the months
before, has finally reached into the two-digit numbers. </whine>

Since that also involves interacting with a slew? horde? school? mob? of
webapps, at various levels of being enterprisey (read: laborious and
unhelpful), I finally broke and decided to hack myself a set of
screenscrapers to invoke at the proper times do fill in cookie-cutter
values for me.

Eeexcept I never did any screenscraping before - so I'm on the lookout for
a toolkit recommendation. So far, WATIR seems the most comprehensive, but
I'm afraid it might be overkill or plain unsuitable for this task (being
an acceptance testing tool). My criteria are being able to handle the fact
most of these apps are clickfests of ASP / ASP.NET provenience, and the
HTML source code could probably scare small children, so I'd like to have
the toolkit handle most of the textmunging.

So. Discuss ;P (Thanks in advance for any advice.)

David Vallner
Suffering the Death of a Thousand Papercuts