I think exposing the dialogs between mentors and newbies is essential,
and if infrastructure doesn't exist, it hsould be done manually.

Personally, I'm going to edit my conversations with Semantha a bit and
publish them since they are such a great learning resource in my
opinion (they just contain far too much personal information as-is, so
major editing is required - I don't think many Ruby newbies are
interested in Jewish prayers :) )

With these dialogs published, I don't think the community will be hurt.

There will just suddenly be a huge FAQ with the REALLY frequently
asked question, those too trivial and too abundant for an official
one, all answered until a real newbie approves and groks.

Besides, conversation is a great kind of teaching material, as anyone
who reads Creating Passionate Users (and everyone SHOULD! How much
resonance can begin with an article there) has read lately.

Aur