On Feb 17, 2007, at 6:20 PM, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

> On Feb 10, 3:22 am, Morton Goldberg <m_goldb... / ameritech.net> wrote:
>>> Go to <http://rubykitchensink.ca/> and search on "tktimer".
>>
>> Let me recant on that. It's better to go to Google and search "ruby
>> +tktimer". This finds a lot more stuff. I also recommend the
>> following link
>>    http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ruby/ext/tk/sample/
>
> Works like a charm, once I know the keyword, things went smoothly.
> Thanks!
>
> That said, do you know about proc in the arguments for TkTimer's start
> method / parameter, where its result goes?

No, I'm sorry, but I don't know where the result of a block passed to
TkTimer#start goes. In my own work, I have always written these
blocks for their effects, not their results. IMO you shouldn't rely
on the results such blocks. Remember: "effect" can include
modifications to the state of objects visible within your own code.

Regards, Morton