There are a few aspects to it:

This is were the question belongs:
http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3738

This is about the pitfalls of how popular email clients read HTML and
therefore how you should write HTML that would display correctly.

http://www.pageresource.com/html/html_email.htm

Markaby is a great way to generate HTML, although you might want to
try what Ara announced yesterday (xx I think) which is claimed to be
more powerful.

This is an example of how to send email with Gmailer:
   GMailer.connect(name, pwd) do |g|
      # 'From' default gmail.com account
      g.send(
        :to => "who / what.com, my_friend / his_company.com, god / heaven.org",
        :cc => "foo / bar.com",
        :subject => "Hello There!",
        :body => "Hi...\n\nBlah blah blah~...",
        :files => ["./my_pic.jpg", "./my_cv.txt"])

      # multiple verified email addresses and choose one 'From:' email address
      g.send(
        :from => "verified / email.com",
        :to => "who / what.com, my_friend / his_company.com, god / heaven.org",
        :cc => "foo / bar.com",
        :subject => "Hello There!",
        :body => "Hi...\n\nBlah blah blah~...",
        :files => ["./my_pic.jpg", "./my_cv.txt"])
   end

(taken form gmailer readme).

This helps you with MIME handling so you can compose a MIME message easily:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubymail/

I think you can just stick the MIME message's .to_s as :body for
Gmailer#send. Experiment with it.

In case you don't know about MIME and HTML email, well... All you need
to do is have a content-type of text/html for the message body.

Google further.

I also advise you to have a look at the adopt-a-newbie project here at the ML.

Aur Saraf