On 15.02.2007 23:25, robertlaferla / comcast.net wrote:
> Sorry, there was a typo in my e-mail.  One should be "/tmp" and the other should be "/tmp/"
 > And yes, I am using this on Mac OS X where /tmp is a symlink to
/private/tmp.
 > Should Ruby care about symlinks?  IMHO, it should work whether or not
it is a symlink or not.

That's not Ruby's fault - it's the way filesystems work on Unix.  Moral,
if your directory can be a symlink you should use Find.find("/tmp/.").
Note that there are good reasons to not follow symlinks by default.

But having similar options find's option "-follow" and friends might
make up a good feature request for Find.  Alternatively we could have
another method added, kind of complementary to prune which will add  the
current file to the processing chain.

# sample
Find.find "/foo/bar" do |file|
   puts file