Hi,

In message "Re: Oppinions on RCR for dup on immutable classes"
    on Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:55:12 +0900, "Phrogz" <gavin / refinery.com> writes:

|That's a statement of fact, but doesn't explain *why* it's a problem,
|or (important for an RCR) why it needs to be fixed in the core of the
|language.
|
|What is the use case that is prevented by the problem? What does it
|make inconvenient? Why should it be changed?

Seconded.  It pretty trivial for us core developers to make dup for
immutable objects to return themselves, but _I_ don't understand why
it is needed.  I assume obj.object_id != obj.dup.object_id, and see no
good reason enough to break the assumption.

							matz.