On Fri, Feb 16, 2007, Raymond O'connor wrote:
> I have a standard RDocTask in my rake file that creates my
> documentation.  However everytime I run rake rdoc, it removes my
> document folder before rebuilding the new documentation which causes
> havoc with svn.  SVN puts a ~ next to this folder in svn status (I
> assume because it thinks it's still under version control but its .svn
> folder is missing from it), and its not fixed until i remove everything
> manually through svn commands.  Is there a way to make this raketask
> play nicer with svn?

My personal preference is to svn:ignore any directory that contains
solely content that is generated.  That means my packages, rdoc, rcov,
etc are not in svn.  If ever someone wants to read them, they can run
the tasks themselves.

This cuts down the size of your repository, the size and length (in
time) of your checkouts, and allows more freedom for your users (if, for
instance, they want to generate rdoc with a different template than you
use).

Ben