On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Tim Pease wrote:

>>   class MyTest < Test::Unit::TestCase
>>     def test_foo
>>     end
>>
>>     def test_bar
>>     end
>>
>>     if Time.now.wday == 0
>>       skip :test_foo, "The frambulator isn't available on Sundays"
>>     end
>>   end
>>

> Now you have test names in two places, and when someone renames
> :test_foo to :test_frambulator ??  Whoops!
>
> I like the idea of having a skip assertion inside the test, and it has
> to be first assertion used otherwise an exception is raised.
>
> TwP

why not block form

   class MyTest < Test::Unit::TestCase
     def test_bar
       assert this

       skip :sometimes, Time.now.wday == 0 do
         assert sometimes
       end

       assert that

obvious it would be augmented with loggig like

   skipping section(sometimes) of test_bar...

function name scraped with caller[0]...

-a
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better.
simply reflect on that.