On 2/15/07, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Daniel Berger wrote:
> > It's not a bad idea, but that still wouldn't explicitly indicate to a
> > user that tests had been skipped - they would merely see fewer tests
> > run. Plus, it's more work and I'm lazy. :)
>
> I think it's a much better design though.
>
> For an example of my concerns, what happens if your proposed skip()
> is called after a few assertions are run in a test?

I agree that the skipping should be done outside of the test method,
not inside. But explicitness in the output would still be valuable.
Maybe something like the following:

  class MyTest < Test::Unit::TestCase
    def test_foo

    def test_bar

    if Time.now.wday == 0
      skip :test_foo, "The frambulator isn't available on Sundays"

Jacob Fugal