Hi all,

What's the general approach folks use for skipping tests? Sometimes I
have some tests that I want to skip based on platform (usually MS
Windows). I saw the 'flunk' method, but that's considered a failed
test. I'm looking for something that doesn't treat it as success or
failure.

I guess I'd like something like this:

class TC_Foo < Test::Unit::TestCase
   def test_bar
      if RUBY_PLATFORM.match('mswin')
          skip('There's no Foo::Bar on MS Windows - skipped')
      else
          assert_equal(42, Foo::Bar)

And then output that looked like this:

1 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 1 skipped

If there isn't anything like this currently, would patches to add this
be accepted? I'd be happy to work on it.

Thanks,

Dan

PS - Yes, I realize I could wrap the whole test_bar method in an 'if'
clause. I don't want to do that. I want to be explicit.