Luca Scaljery <lcalje <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All
>
> I have a situation in which I have the name of the class in a variable
> So normally I would do
>     song = Song.new("Bicylops", "Fleck", 260)

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but there's very little need to
store a class name in a string. Usually if you're doing this then there's
something wrong with your methodology and there's a much more efficient way to
get the right results.

The only real reason I can think that you'd have that in a string and not simple
as the class constant is if you took it from user input. Hopefully you aren't
letting your users decide which classes get instantiated..!