> Although I have only been lurking on this list for a couple of months, I
> have been totally impressed with the expertise of the Ruby community,
> the help offered and the lack of flames. None of what I have offered
> today I think should get in the way of this.

I agree with Jim. That is a fact in the Ruby community.

I wander a lot in Ruby's IRC channel at Freenode. I believe that the
easiest way of a newbie getting help is to just ask. If the person
doesn't want to just shoot the question out in the open, we could have
a few frequent IRC users that will help them through private messages.

Having a channel full of mentors is somehow better than binding a
newbie to only one person.

Regards,

Ricardo Amorim