SonOfLilit wrote:
> Well, I think such things should come AFTER they get to know each
> other, if
> it is needed, on a personal basis.
But that is the point, the matches don't know each other is this is only
a starting point for them. I completely agree though that this is a
personal decision for them to decide if they need this or want to
formalize any of the points they discuss.
> I think grown up people on this list don't really need such a phase
> before
> every email they send.
Although I have only been lurking on this list for a couple of months, I
have been totally impressed with the expertise of the Ruby community,
the help offered and the lack of flames. None of what I have offered
today I think should get in the way of this.

I'll change the scope of when this agreement could be used by pointing
out that if potential mentors / mentees would fill out their respective
sections in advance when seeking a match, you would then have a starting
point to work with to make matches based on skills/needs,
locale/language, availability or anything else they wish to disclose.
Currently, people are volunteering but you don't know much about them.
When a match is made, both parties can decide if they want to make a
combined agreement or not based on their own comfort levels. I certainly
never envisioned this as a process that happens before every email sent.

Now to plagiarize Ed Borasky, it's my time to be <ducking>.

-Jim