Pat Maddox wrote:
> p.s. I didn't read the contract, so I have no clue what it looks like.
> But I can just about guarantee you that anything called a contract
> and delivered in .doc is of no interest to me :)

Agreements/contracts don't have to be long, ugly or scary (disclosure:
IANAL). I'll do some editing of the one I found but basically it boils
down to this:

This agreement supports the mentoring partnership between:
Mentor:
Mentee:

Agreed objectives:
*
Mentee:* (What I hope to get from this mentoring partnership....)
*
Mentor**:*  (I will provide support in the following ways - email, phone
hours, etc. ............):

*The groundrules for our mentoring partnership are:* This should include
your agreed responses to issues of confidentiality, time commitment,
availability (when and where you can both be contacted), ...

*Reviewing partnership objectives:* (It is a good idea to review this
agreement and your objectives at an appropriate time).

We will review this agreement on: _____________

If people agree that this is too time consuming or unnecessary,
completely understood and I'll drop it. I just think that having
potential matches get to know each other a little better and discuss
some groundrules is not a bad thing.

-Jim