On 2/14/07, Jim Clark <diegoslice / gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as the adoptee taking undue advantage of the adopter's time and
> willingness to help, I've been on teams where we use Social Contracts to
> outline expectations and responsibilities from the start.

I hate the idea of a "social contract."

The obvious solution is mentor refactoring:

red: newbie asks question
green: mentor answers question
refactor: each person asks if they like the other guy, find someone
else if they don't

Simple, low stress, low obligation, no hard feelings

The whole point of this is to make it easy and comfortable to learn
the basics of Ruby.  Contracts?  Yuck!

Pat

p.s. I didn't read the contract, so I have no clue what it looks like.
 But I can just about guarantee you that anything called a contract
and delivered in .doc is of no interest to me :)