On Feb 14, 10:32 am, Eric Hodel <drbr... / segment7.net> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2007, at 10:05, barjunk wrote:
>

> > Being new to ruby, I'm having a little trouble getting my mind around
> > the documentation for net/imap, located here:
>
> >http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/imap/rdoc/index.html
>
> > I understand that if I do:
>
> > messagestruct = imap.uid_fetch(10,["BODYSTRUCTURE"])[0]
>
> > I will get a FetchData object and further processing, like:
>
> > message = messagestruct.attr["BODYSTRUCTURE"].parts[0].subtype
>
> > would provide me the type of message (Plain, Html, etc) part 0 is.
>
> > But I don't get what I'm 'doing'.  What words would describe the above
> > commands?
>
> You'll have to pass the message through a library like TMail to do
> further processing on the body.

Thanks for that....the thing is, its not very clear to me, by reading
the docs provided, how those message objects are "organized".

How does one use the documentation provided, along with some
guesswork, about what the different objects "look" like?

Maybe this is just too broad of a question and as I run into issues, I
should just ask specific questions about how to solve a specific
problem....

This is where I see the adopt-a-newbie might come in handy.  I don't
want to be told how to do it, just what things I should be considering
as I read through the docs.  Experience will fill in the gaps...it
would be nice if it included experience of others. :)

Mike B.
Mike B.