------art_82898_17056759.1171374520463

On 2/12/07, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton / gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, maybe you can assume valid XML and parse the page with REXML. If
> it's
> not valid XML, well you can regex through for (off-the-cuff, probably
> wrong)
> /<param.*value.*)"/ and use the result. Someone more knowledgable in
> Regexps can help you out if it comes to this.

Well it might be necessary to  use a non greedy match

/<param.*value.*?)"/

in order not to consume a potentially following  key.." pair.

A more explicit and thus more readable way might be to write it like this -
avoiding any potential backtracking issues if the regexp evolves later too.

/<param.*value[^"]*)"/

This all is just for the quick hack though, definitely go with REXML or
hpricot if they can do the job for you.

HTH
Roberts

Jason
> <snip>

But we feel we are confused on a higher level and about more important
things.
-Anonymous

------art_82898_17056759.1171374520463--