------art_67790_15041308.1171362186440

On 2/13/07, Clifford Heath <no / spam.please.net> wrote:

> Richard Conroy wrote:
> > It has some fantastic features at the language
> > design level. We are talking drool-worthy. And absolutely no library
> > to speak of.
>
> That's funny. Coulda sworn that my Debian package listing contains
> one hundred and forty five maintained ocaml packages. If the base
> language package contains nearly nothing, *that's an advantage*.

Ruby taught me that that is SO WRONG.

I install a compiler/interpreter and I want to DEVELOP THINGS.

Having a distribution with nearly nothing is OK, but the standard should be
as full of functionality as possible. That also establishes standards and
saves hackers who want to hack on a project in the language from the
uncomfortable experience of having to install a googol libraries.

Aur Saraf

------art_67790_15041308.1171362186440--