From: "Masaki Suketa" <masaki.suketa / nifty.ne.jp>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: Win32OLE doesn't work with Outlook Express?

Hello,

In message "Win32OLE doesn't work with Outlook Express?"
    on 07/02/12, "baon" <ning.bao / support.jinfonet.com> writes:

> I have tried 'Outlook', 'Outlookexpress' with upper/lower case as well. It
> doesn't work anyway.
>
> It seems to me that WIN32OLE could support Outlook, but not Outlook
Express.
> Is that true?

Yes. because Outlook Express does not provide the OLE automation
interface, but Outlook does.
Win32OLE access the OLE automation interface.

Unfortunately, you can not control Outlook Express like Outlook
using any other Language (VBScript, Perl, Python, ... etc.) which
access the OLE automation interface.

> If so, would you guys please give me some ideas on how to accomplish my
task
> of retrieving data from Outlook Express (*.dbx formats) using Ruby?

Sorry, the site is written by Japanese only, but I hope
the following URL help you.
 http://d.hatena.ne.jp/j0hn/20070102/1167725911

  Regards,
  Masaki Suketa