On 2/13/07, SonOfLilit <sonoflilit / gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you show examples of things quicker to do in Eu... than in Ruby?

You misunderstand - you can almost certainly do anything quicker in
Ruby than you can in Euphoria,  but Euphoria is a simple, procedural
language that looks like Basic and supports a lot of C libraries. My
contention is that this will make it more fun for someone who doesn't
want to learn about elegant programming constructs or language
expressivity, but just wants to learn a bare minimum of formal
programming to start making the computer *do* something. I remember
having a lot of fun learning Basic as a first language (and a certain
noted computer scientist notwithstanding, it doesn't appear to have
done me any harm :)), and will thus be seriously exploring Euphoria's
potential as a Basic replacement.

(Of course, it might prove to be not as nice as I hope it will - like
I said, I haven't really looked at the language before, due to its
earlier closed-source nature.)

martin