On Feb 12, 1:14 pm, "Justin Bailey" <jgbai... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/10/07, bbiker <ren... / nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any for you to modify patheditor can use both the system and
> > user paths.
> > echo %path% concatenates both paths.
>
> > Possibly use a parameter which specify the path type.
>
> > path_editor --system | -s
> > path_editor --user   | -u
> > if no path type specified default to system.
>
> Interesting idea - I'll keep it in mind.
>
> > For test purposes, I attempted to remove the ruby path from the
> > system.
>
> > As you can see, it failed.
>
> I've fixed that bug and uploade a 1.0.3 release. Thanks for checking
> the utility out so far!
>
> Justin

just checked out patheditor 1.0.3.

A quick check showed that --remove and --add work!!!

A wish for the next version:

The search sequence is determined by the entry order in the search
path.
It would be nice if the position of an individual path could be
moved ... either before or after its current positon.

For example:

change this:

        C:\Program Files\graphicsmagick-1.1.7-q16
        C:\Program Files\imagemagick-6.2.8-q16
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October
2005)\Utilities\Bin\x86
        C:\WINDOWS\system32
        C:\WINDOWS
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
        C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel
        C:\p2x
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\Bin
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin\win64
        C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32
        C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare
        C:\Perl\bin
        C:\ruby\bin
        C:\Program Files\Arachno Ruby IDE\cmdline
        C:\Tcl\bin

        to this:

        C:\Perl\bin
        C:\ruby\bin
        C:\WINDOWS
        C:\WINDOWS\system32
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
        C:\Program Files\Arachno Ruby IDE\cmdline
        C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32
        C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare
        C:\Program Files\graphicsmagick-1.1.7-q16
        C:\Program Files\imagemagick-6.2.8-q16
        C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel
        C:\p2x
        C:\Tcl\bin
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October
2005)\Utilities\Bin\x86
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\Bin
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin\win64

Possible scenario:

user uses path_editor to get the current path.
user edit the sequence to the order he/she wants
and pass that list to path_editor which would remove the current list
and add the new list.

I guess if remove and add could accept an array of paths that it would
work.
It would probably be best if list of paths could be stored in a file

path_editor --replace remove.lst replacement.lst

patheditor would need to check the validity of the paths in the
replacement list before it removes any path.