In order to settle the Windows question once and for all (or at least
for the next 4 months), the new RubyGarden polls asks

     Ruby under Windows should be:

         A native MSVC application
         Built using MinGW
         Build using Cygwin

Vote now at http://www.rubygarden.org/pollBooth.php?op=results&pollID=8

The previous poll progressed sluggishly, but the good news is that 46
people volunteered their houses for next year's RubyConf. Chad will be
in touch at arrange the details :)

            Next year, RubyConf should be

     somewhere by the sea              20.00 % (31)
     somewhere by the mountains        12.90 % (20)
     somewhere boring where we can      1.94 % (3)
     concentrate
     somewhere cheap                    35.48 % (55)
     at my house                       29.68 % (46)

     Total votes: 155

Cheers

Dave