On 2/11/07, Chris Carter <cdcarter / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mat,
> Hoe automatically injects itself as a dependency.

In the 'newgem' case it doesn't.  Thanks, Harold, for that blog entry.
 That summed it all up.  newgem inserts a couple of lines in the
Rakefile that avoid the hoe dependency, but it still requires hoe
without a rescue block, which causes problems if you don't have hoe
and try to test the package.

The solutions I found for firebrigade testing were twofold.
1. Add a test/test_all.rb file that includes all the *_test.rb files.
This allows 'testrb test' to actually run the test cases.
2. Put a begin..rescue LoadError..end block around the hoe portions of
the rake file. and include a test task that runs test_all.rb in the
rescue block.

Based off of tinderbox_gem_build, I think this will work.  We'll see
in a little while when firebrigade proper lights up my gem.

Thanks for the help folks.  I oughta start a professional blog so I
can blog about this stuff :)
-Mat