From: Gary Wright [mailto:gwtmp01 / mac.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 2:33 AM
>On Feb 11, 2007, at 7:02 PM, Victor Zverok Shepelev wrote:
>
>> module Constants
>>   TEST = 5
>> end
>>
>> class A
>> end
>>
>> a = A.new
>>
>> a.instance_eval{
>>   extend Constants
>>   p TEST #<== here
>> }

[...]
>It does seem a bit strange to be adding constants to the singleton
>class.
>Why not add them to A itself?  That way you don't need to extend the
>singleton class with the Constants module.
>
>class A
>   include Constants
>end
>
>A.new.instance_eval {
>   p self.class::TEST    # still a bit ugly...
>}

Just due to this ugliness, and, additionally, I can't (or don't want) modify
entire "A" class. More specifically, I have something like "scripts" -
files, which are loaded and evaluated inside some objects. For example (it's
about new GUI library, BTW):

File tabs.rs ("rs" for "Ruby Script" :)
------
extend Win32::Keys
on(TAB) do
  ...blah
end

on(SHIFT, TAB) do
  ... blah, blah
end
-----

This "script" is represents "tabs" behavior and it is evaluated in context
of UI element, which I want this behavior to be added.
The more verbose version, which is enforced by ruby 1.8.5, I don't like at
all:

on(Win32::Keys::TAB) do  #fuuuuuu!

It's a problem, so :(

V.