On 11 Feb 2007, at 20:09, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> I'll invoke Arthur C. Clarke's laws: "When a distinguished but
> elderly scientist says something is impossible, he is usually
> proven wrong. When he says something is possible, he is usually
> proven right." I don't know how distinguished I am -- after all, I
> don't even have a PhD -- but I think I have the elderly part down. :)

Quite so :)

Having not even read the piece...

I was following up on Software Transactional Memory from an earlier
Ruby Talk posting, and that looks extremely promising. I've got this
thought that programming languages might change quite a lot in the
concepts they provide and emphasis. Perhaps when that happens, not
only will it get much easier to program, but parallel solutions will
no longer be hard. In fact, they might even be easier for a lot of
situations.

Cheers,
	Benjohn