Bharat Ruparel schrieb:
> My question to you all is:  have you found a
> good reason (or reasons) to use Ruby on Windows to do any real
> commercial work?

Well, I started to build some libraries and techniques for textual analysis. To
describe details will be to much for here (in addition I am too lazy up to now
to write there a lot about it) - the ideas were taken from longer experience
with software adaption and maintenance tools which were build long ago in Berlin.

Ruby's "irb" is a very helpful tool, together with Ruby's flexibility to change
classes in the middle of a session, and all capabilities to define Methods for
some objects. This makes it possible to build dynamic categories of object
groups, in addition to the class hierarchy.

These techniques will the be used for textual data analysis and systematic
editing. It is clearly necessary to have this available for the platforms
customers will use,...

> Or is it because Windows is so all pervasive?

... and usually Windows PCs are present everywhere.

Wolfgang Ndasi-Donner