On 2/11/07, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10 / gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2006/EECS-2006-183.pdf

Yeah, big +1. The most thought-provoking part for me was this(from page 35):

    It is striking, however, that research from
    psychology has had almost no impact, despite the obvious
    fact that the success of these models will be strongly
    affected by the human beings whouse them. Testing
    methods derived from the psychology research community
    have been used to great effect for HCI, but are sorely
    lacking in language design and software engineering. For
    example, there is a rich theory investigating the causes of
    human errors, which is well known in the human-computer
    interface community, but apparently it has not penetrated
    the programming model and language design community.
        We believe that integrating research on human psychology
    and problem solving into the broad problem of designing,
    programming, debugging, and maintaining complex parallel
    systems will be critical to developing broadly successful
    parallel programming models and environments.

Keith